5.01.2009

A Gardener's Gift

I was thinking that I should share this with you in case you're on the hunt for a gift for Mother's Day. Or, you know, for that exceptionally important birthday you have coming up. No, silly, I don't know what birthday you have coming up. I'm not privy to your datebook. I'm just telling you that odds are there's an important birthday sometime soon. And if you're stumped on what to give for that mystery birthday, might I suggest a bit of gardener's love?

This is the gift I ... er ... Conservative Boy and I ... gave Kid Sister for her birthday earlier this month. I was pretty excited about it because it gave me an excuse to go shopping for gardening gear. What's not to love about that?

This particular gift included a big watering can, of course. And a pretty pot for planting. Inside the pot, you'll find a pair of gardening gloves, a spade and trowel, pruning shears, a plant nanny, and a reusable shopping tote. OK, so I know that last one isn't really necessary for gardening. But it matched the color scheme of the gift. And in Julie's World, everyone has one of these terrific little shopping totes with them everywhere they go.

And everything matches too.

No comments: