7.15.2009

A Tale of Three Houses (Part II)

Yesterday, I took you on a tour of the terrific little condo My Parents purchased in the Lake Oconee area of Georgia.

Today, I'm back with another family home. This one belongs to Conservative Parents.


Now I know what you're probably thinking right about now. Those conniving kids. Somehow Conservative Boy and Julie made their parents purchase retirement homes next to one another for their own personal gain.


That would have been brilliant of us. Really, I wish I could take credit for it. Only we had next to nothing to do with it. It just sort of happened. I swear.


You see, Conservative Mom and Dad had vacationed in the area a number of times through their vacation club and had even looked at a few homes they were fond of (which, they discovered, were quite expensive). And My Mom and Dad had also been to the area with Auntie R and Uncle H, to visit friends in the area (bet you'll never guess whose house I'm showing you tomorrow ...). They fell in love with the area too.


Then, last summer, both families were visiting the area at the same time (it was fortuitous, not planned). And my parents weren't just there for fun, they were there to purchase the condo they'd found. Which renewed Conservative Mom and Dad's interest in the area and motivated them to keep looking for a home in their price range.

Which they found. And bought. And love.

I love it too. Can you see why?


It's decorated and ready to live in, which is precisely what Conservative Mom is doing for the summer.


Yep, she's down there right now. (Hi, Conservative Mom! I'll see you soon!) Given the chance, they both probably would live there full-time already. And really, can you blame them?

It's so darn inviting. A great floor plan. Beautiful surfaces. Terrific colors. Comfortable furniture. Swell decorating. A location within walking distance of the golf course. What more could you ask for?

A photo of the exterior, perhaps? Or the kitchen?

I know, I know. I meant to show them to you. A cute cottage with lots of character and a nice open kitchen. Only somehow I can't find pictures of them anywhere. Sorry! Use your imagination until the end of the month and then I can take new photos of it for you.

Yep, I'm headed back down there soon. Someone has to keep Conservative Mom company. It's a tough job, but I think I'm cut out for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great articles on the vacation homes! Can't wait for you to come visit...CMom