8.02.2010

Pizza Crust

I've mentioned on more than one occasion the search for the perfect homemade pizza crust. Last night, I think I came one step closer.

Kid Sister, T-Bear, Conservative Hubby, and I had make-your-own pizza night. I didn't have much time to make the typical homemade crust, which requires time to rise. So I tried this recipe from The Kitchn for a homemade, thin crust that only takes minutes.

And it was good! And easy! And it worked on the grill!

(Can you tell I'm excited?)

You can even refrigerate the dough for up to 48 hours, so I made an extra batch. Guess what we'll be eating for dinner tomorrow night? (Because, as I learned from My Mom, you can never eat too much pizza.)

In other news, I attempted to re-create the absolutely divine Gourmet White pizza from Mellow Mushroom, which I thoroughly enjoyed while in Georgia visiting Conservative Mom recently.

I had all the ingredients (olive oil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, vine-ripened tomatoes, onion, mozzarella, provolone, and feta), and it was rather tasty, although not quite like Mellow Mushroom's. Yet. Give me time.

No comments: