8.28.2010

Canning: Pasta Sauce

The thing about canning is I want to break open what I've canned the moment it's done to see how it tastes. Only that would defeat the purpose of canning, wouldn't it?

So instead I have patiently begun to stockpile my collection of canned foods until that sad time a few months from now when I can't stop at a farmer's market or visit the Habitat For Humanity food stand or pick up corn from a vendor on the side of the road.

But that's a depressing thought, so we will not entertain such notions anymore.

Besides, I just returned from a bike ride down to the farmer's market and returned with as much produce as my new bike basket would carry. So I'm pretty sure that sad day won't arrive for a while yet.

Anyway.

This week's canning experiment: a basic pasta sauce.

It looks lovely and smelled great as it simmered, and that's about all I can tell you now.

No comments: