12.04.2008

Smitten Kitchen's Chocolate Toffee Cookies

When I first saw the photographs of these cookies on one of my most favorite foodie blogs, I drooled so much I thought I was going to have to go buy a new keyboard.

Fortunately, I didn't have to. So instead I spent my money on a pound of Baker's chocolate.



And five Heath bars. And a few other ingredients. In order to try these cookies out myself.

And boy oh boy am I glad I did. They're heaven. They will be made again. As soon as I eat all of the first batch, that is. And finish scraping the chocolate from round one off of my double broiler (apparently I was a bit too excited about the cookies and did a terrible job with the after-baking cleanup).



But don't take these painful attempts at photos as the gospel. See for yourself by taking a peek at the recipe and accompanying photos here. Smitten Kitchen's photos make mine look like what they are (amateurish) and will have you rushing to the store for ingredients in no time. Or to my house in order to steal a cookie before they're all gone. Hurry. You have less than 24 hours.



(And yes, I know I should have been doing homework when I baked these the other night. But I'm going through baking withdrawals! Major papers can wait.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These cookies are fabulous. Julie shared them, I am trying not to share them.