6.09.2008

Vacationing in Georgia

I've been MIA for the past couple of days because we're on vacation in Georgia with my parents and aunt and uncle. Plus, Conservative Mom and Dad are down here so we got to spend some time with them too (and they gave us a ride to Georgia--how nice!).


It's been hot hot hot here. But we still managed to fit in some golfing on some terrific courses (including my parents' new course, Cuscowilla), a couple of days at beautiful Lake Oconee (boating and tubing? yes, please), and a peek at the Private Escapes place where Conservative Parents are staying this week (fabulous, as usual). In fact, when it comes down to it, I'm thinking I won't come back. Really. Someone needs to keep an eye on the lake house, the renters in the condo my parents just bought, and my uncle when my aunt is working. And it might as well be me.

Part of the reason I'm tempted to stay forever? This sunset over Lake Oconee.

And while I'm at it, here's one more. The boat on that dock is the one we took out for a pre-sunset cruise last night. Fun stuff.

Now it's time for yet another fabulous dinner. (Food is, of course, a key component of any vacation, right?) More soon ...

No comments: