6.12.2008

More Gardening

I just wrote a post for The Home Know-It-All about how much I love container gardening, so I figured it was a good time to revisit how things are going in my own container garden.

Here's what my flowers in the planter looked like before. Now:


They're filling in nicely, aren't they? My dahlia pot is doing pretty well too, even though the aphids have been nibbling on the leaves:


Here's what my tomato plant looked like before, and here's what it looks like now:


No tomatoes yet on this one, but I do have a cherry tomato plant in the grouping of pots below that's already showing off a few green orbs. I can't wait!


What else do you see here? All sorts of treasures. There's a green pepper plant, a geranium, some marigolds, a cucumber plant, a random assortment of vines and leafy characters, some lettuce that's trying really hard to grow even though I probably planted it too late, and herbs.

Herbs! Besides the oreganos and parsley sitting by the dahlias, here I've planted rosemary, thyme, basil, and mint. The mint is going crazy, so come on over and I'll make you a mojito.

I also have a few pots hanging from this nifty little creation in the backyard:


Kind of cute, eh?

Oh, and in case you're wondering what Butter does while I tend to my pots, here's your answer.


He especially loves watching through the window (and drooling all over it) when I water everything with the big green watering can.

No comments: