9.08.2010

Just So You Know ...

Right now, Butter is bored.


He thinks it's lame that his mother works all day and then comes home and types away on her laptop in the evening.

Not cool, he says. Remember me? I'm your sweet puppy who needs a belly rub and some play time.

Butter has been busy lately—he spends afternoons at the office with Conservative Boy and Conservative Dad, keeping an eye on the things and making certain the secretaries don't get lonely.

So when he comes home in the evening, he just wants to relax. He can't understand why I wouldn't want to do the same. (And Conservative Boy echoes his sentiments.)

I'm working on it, guys, I tell them. But I'm a creature who is used to being busy, to going 100 mph and trying to cram as many to-dos in the day as possible.

I want to slow down and relax, but I've grown so accustomed to go, go, go, work, work, work, that it's taking some time to get used to not having to juggle 50 things at once.

But I'm working on it. I really am.

No comments: