11.04.2009

Sharing What's On My Mind

This morning I've been mulling over what I should write about on my blog today. I've been rather negligent lately, and now that I have time I know I need to chat with you a bit.

But I've been thinking, thinking, thinking and can't figure out anything I've tried recently that's worth sharing.

That's because I've been a bit wrapped up in a few key things. And so, although I am adamant this will not turn into the sort of blog where all you hear about is wedding stuff, I thought it might be best to share what has been on my mind lately.

Then I promise to move on to bigger and better things, like new recipes and messages from Butter, soon.

So, without further ado, I present the top 6 things I have been thinking about recently.

1. Wedding planning.
For those of you who haven't heard, the Sunday after Conservative Boy and I got engaged, we decided to get married on November 27. No, not of 2010. Of 2009. So My Mom and I (with quite a bit of help from Conservative Parents and minimal input from C.B.) spent about 6 days thinking wedding. After that, we're pretty much done.

I don't want to share too many details, because then my post-wedding blog posts won't be nearly as interesting. But I will say that we are getting married on Georgia, on a golf course, by a lake. It's a small ceremony with mostly immediate family, and then we'll be throwing some parties afterward to celebrate. Which brings me to #2 ...

2. Receptions. This one is still requiring some thought, although I am gladly leaving most of the thinking on this front to My Family and My Soon-to-Be Family. There's talk of two shindigs—one in Wyoming and one in L-Town—for early 2010. That is all I know.

3. Grad school. Yes, kids, that's right. Despite the tight schedule we're on for all things weddings, lately a good portion of my attention has actually been focused on school—the papers due this and last week, last night's ecology test, registering for next semester's classes (my last semester!).

4. Driving. I made a quick trip to St. Louis on Sunday to visit friends and attend a Coca-Cola Scholars dinner. Then I managed to drive to Springfield and back twice on Monday. And again (just one round trip, fortunately) yesterday. In addition to my other trip to Springfield this week, I expect that I'll also be making an appearance in Peoria, because my wedding dress (!) is supposed to be in this week.

If you want to know why I drove to Springfield and back twice on Monday, just ask Conservative Boy. Also ask him about the sweet accessory he'll be sporting at the wedding. Trust me, you'll be impressed.

5. Gift registries. Apparently, once you get engaged and your wedding draws near, people want to know where you're registered. I thought I'd have plenty of time to worry about registry stuff later since our wedding is so small, but when you have wonderful, kind people who decide to throw you bachelorette parties and bridal showers, you have to think about these things sooner rather than later. Oops.

This is a work in progress. Right now if you shop at Bed Bath and Beyond, you have four options: A KitchenAid stand mixer, a handheld grater, a garlic press (yes, girls, after all this time I'm finally getting my garlic press!), and a can opener. Or why not head over to Target? There you can choose from a Wii Fit and a Target gift card. Yes, I know we have some work to do. Although C.B. doesn't care much as long as Guitar Hero appears on the registries somewhere. And new pillows.

I did pick out some wonderful pots and bakeware over at Macy's, however. Don't act so surprised. You know where my priorities are.

6. Leaves. For some reason the leaves in our yard are not raking themselves. This makes me very angry.

That is all.

1 comment:

Jes said...

Wow! November 2009?! I admire your decisiveness :)