7.21.2008

Some More Flower Adoration

After I gave Ms. Gerbera Daisy an entire post here yesterday, some of the other flowers in the front yard protested. "Uh, hello? What about us?" they all called as I watered them this morning. I feel the need to oblige those pretty little blooms so they stick around a bit longer. So, without further ado, I offer an up-close peek at some of the plants that protested the loudest:

From the eggplant plant. Do you have to say plant there?
(Just wait and see what else is hanging out—quite literally—on this guy. Someday soon I'll post a picture of it, and when I do pretend you're as excited as I am, OK?)

I made these poor marigolds hide in the corner. But something tells me they don't mind.

Zucchini flowers, anyone? (Oh, and in case you're wondering, that's a sneak peek at the little garden in the front yard. Which I haven't shared with you yet, have I? Shame on me.)

Purple coneflower. I heart purple coneflower for so many reasons, which I won't bore you with here.


Black-eyed susans. For being transplants from the yard of a certain aunt, these ladies are doing pretty well. Maybe that's why I'm so fond of them, 'cause I'm a transplant too.

Wait a second. How did you guys sneak in here? And why haven't I eaten the one on the left yet?

6 comments:

Jason said...

Regarding the purple coneflower, let me take a stab at 1) guessing the reasons, and 2) doing so as briefly as possible.

They're pretty and native and you're into herbalist vodoo.

Done.

Julie said...

You are so right. Particularly about the herbalist voodoo.

Jason said...

Was that sarcasm?

Julie said...

No!

OK, maybe a little. I hadn't really thought of that. But now that you mention herbalist voodoo, I think I'll have to do some research on it. Perhaps I can make a few potions to whip C.B. into shape.

Jason said...

No potions. I just meant that purple coneflower is echinacea, which herbal medicine people take as an immune booster. Obviously I don't go in for that sort of thing, hence the phrasing.

Julie said...

Hmm. Yes. I am well aware of echinacea and its immune-boosting abilities. I figured you knew something about advanced herbal voodoo possibilities with coneflowers though, as I wouldn't consider the herbal benefits of the plant herbalist voodoo in the least bit!