7.20.2008

Saying Hello to Daisy

It's an exciting day in the land of Julie. Why? Because this little lady has arrived:


Beautiful, isn't she? Particularly considering how terrible she was feeling just a few weeks ago. You see, when I purchased Ms. Gerbera Daisy she wasn't much to look at, but she had potential. A few tender flowers were just forming, so I happily planted her in a pot and waited to see what colors she'd reveal. The only thing is, she didn't. Those darn flowers just played with my emotions, left me high and dry. And then the leaves followed suit. Nooo, I lamented.

I was thisclose to tossing her in the compost. Really. I thought she was done for. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it, so instead I trimmed her back to almost nothing and waited. And waited. And finally, a few weeks later, the green leaves started growing. And now? This.


Thrilling. (Hey, simple pleasures are the last refuge of the complex, as Oscar Wilde said.)

No comments: