6.29.2010

Trouble in Milwaukee


As I mentioned when I introduced you to the lovely little Norah the other day, when the girls took over Milwaukee for the weekend we got into a bit of trouble.

You see, we decided to head downtown for an afternoon at the Summerfest grounds, even though we didn't hit the city on the right weekend to actually attend Summerfest. Instead, we hit up Polish Fest.


We figured it was a good substitution for a big music festival. Besides, when we get together we're all about food anyway, and you know there's going to be good food at a Polish festival.

Especially a Polish festival in Wisconsin.

That's why we began our exploration with cheese. Fried cheese, to be exact. One of my all-time favorite festival foods.


Next we decided to cool off with a nice lemonade with vodka. Of course we drank vodka, silly. Need I remind you where we were already?


Then it was on to some serious Polish food. A few of us went for the works, which included pierogis, potato pancakes, cabbage rolls, and kielbasa with sauerkraut. It was heavenly. I don't think I have any polish blood in me, but I'd be happy to pretend I did if it meant I could eat this sort of fare on occasion.


After we were sufficiently stuffed, we decided it was time to work off some of those Polish Fest calories. This was accomplished by watching other people dance.


But then, just as we were leaving, our lack of polka-ing got us in serious trouble. Big trouble. Huge.

That was when we got stopped by the Polka Police.

You do not want to mess with the Polka Police. They are serious. Very serious.


See? I told you that you wouldn't want to mess with them. This fine officer of the law even made us—gasp!—dance the polka before we could leave.

Somehow, even after eating way too many pierogis, we managed to kick up our heels and dance well enough that the Polka Police allowed us to leave.

Whew. Disaster narrowly averted. We learned a very important lesson at the festival, which I would like to share with you now:


Please don't ever forget it.

No comments: