5.28.2010

2 Easy Pasta Recipes (Part 2)

I'm not going to mess around with this recipe, for I have no lovely photos to share. But you can use your imagination with this one. I'm just sure of it.

Yesterday I posted the recipe for an oh-so-nice springy asparagus and pine nut pasta. Today the second pasta recipe makes an appearance, and I have to admit something.

It's a bit naughtier.

Granted, it doesn't sound all that naughty: cream sauce with linguine, courtesy of Real Simple May 2007. (Yes, my recipe stack goes that far back.)

But then you look at the ingredients and realize that although this is a lighter sauce than, say, alfredo, it's no angel.

Yet goodness gracious, it is good. And easy. So you should go ahead and make it anyway.

Here's how:

Cook 1 pound of linguine according to package directions.

In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, warm 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.

Add the cooked pasta and 1 cup grated Parmesan and stir until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens (2 to 3 minutes).

Then enjoy.

Really. That's it.

I told you it was easy. And sinful. But that's to be expected when half of the sauce ingredients are the same as those used to make homemade ice cream.

Not that I did that ... and ate it after I had the pasta with cream sauce ... because that would be over the top even for me, don't you think?

No comments: