11.22.2008

Mary Marie Candles

I've been waiting, waiting, waiting for the chance to write this post and now the time has finally come:

My good friend Cara, aka the Failed Feminist, has opened her own Etsy shop where she sells her handmade candles! The wonderful thing about these candles is that they're not only made with recycled wax, they're made in reused glass containers Cara finds at garage sales, thrift stores, and such.



You can learn more the candles from Cara herself here.

And then go over to her Etsy shop to see some of the candles yourself. Last time I checked, that cute yellow mug above was still available.

Full disclosure: I bought two for Christmas gifts (er ... maybe for myself) this morning, so you won't see the sunny yellow candle in the vintage juice glass or the cinnamony candle in the Mason jar (with the cute fabric in the lid). Sorry! (Only I'm not really ...)

And check back often, as I'm sure crafty Cara will add more wares to the list soon. (She also makes fabulous yoga mat bags, but you'll have to get in touch with her about that because I haven't seen them in her Etsy shop yet.)

No comments: