4.20.2008

Enjoying Spring Flowers

Look at our front yard.


Really! This is our front yard, as of today. Hard to believe, isn't it?

I wish I could take credit for all these flowers, but the truth of the matter is I haven't done a darn thing in our yard yet except rake up some old leaves and pick up sticks (lots of 'em). All of these flowers just started springing up, all on their own accord, in the past couple of weeks.

And let me tell you, I was surprised. Because when we bought the house this summer, there wasn't a flower anywhere to be seen. But the woman who lived here before us sure was busy one fall not too long ago (or, rather, from what I hear, her grandkids were busy), and so once the weather warmed up and we got some rain all the spring bulbs started to show their stuff.


It's been exciting taking Butter out for walks throughout the day and watching as the flowers have grown and bloomed. It has me itching to plant my own sometime soon—but I've been told it's a good idea to hold off until after Mother's Day, so that's the plan.

Until then, I'll just have to enjoy the jackpot in our front yard.

Especially the tulips, which just opened today.

No comments: