2.08.2012

Eggplant and Sausage Lasagna

Eating has become a bit of a challenge for me as of late. It appears that the little guy has a sensitivity to some of the foods I eat. Although I don't think he'll ultimately end up being sensitive to everything current on my no-eat list (odds are, dairy is the main culprit), right now I'm trying as hard as I can to avoid dairy (no cheese! no butter! noooooo!), spicy foods, beans, peanut butter, eggs, and chocolate. I'm sure I forgot something, but as you can see it's quite a list to keep track of. (Not to mention the fact it includes pretty much all my favorite foods ...)


Needless to say, eating is more of a challenge now. 

Since most Italian dishes, particularly lasagna, are loaded with dairy, I was excited when one of my dear friends scrounged up a recipe for Rustic Bread & Eggplant Lasagna, which is sans dairy. 


We made it when she came into town to meet Collin, and it turned out to be quite delicious. (We improvised and added sausage, too, so Conservative Hubby would be willing to eat the leftovers—it was a good choice, as it added some great flavor.)

In case you're interested, here's the recipe.

No comments: