4.28.2010

Meatball Madness

You may have noticed that I haven't been trying much new lately.

Instead, I've been pretty focused on trying other things that aren't so exciting, like making it through the last couple of hectic weeks of my master's coursework. And applying and interviewing for jobs. And other random work. And a brief respite from the madness of school at the wackiness of Drake Relays. And that's about it.

The last time I did try some cooking, however, I was on a meatball kick. We're talking meatballs twice in one week. I can't explain it. Sometimes, when an urge to make meatballs comes over you, you just go with it.

The first recipe, which you saw a quick glimpse of here, is spaghetti and meatballs. But not just any spaghetti and meatballs. We're talking Pioneer Woman spaghetti and meatballs. You know cooking with PW is always a good time.


This particular recipe involves spaghetti, of course. And big meatballs. And a nice chunky homemade red sauce. Very tasty.

The next recipe I made later that same week also involved meatballs, but took a very different (although still pasta-focused) form. It's baked rigatoni with tiny meatballs, courtesy of Smitten Kitchen.

You're a smart reader, so I'm guessing you may have figured this out already, but this one involved tiny meatballs. And rigatoni. And it was baked. And it involved a light, white cream sauce.


See? Different. But still incredibly tasty.

(Although Conservative Boy thought a bit of garlic salt might boost the flavor of the second dish and, as much as I hate to admit it, he was right.)

No comments: