10.06.2008

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

In my world, no fall is complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch.



Almost every year I lived in Des Moines, at least a couple of my lovely Drake friends and I would venture to a variety of apple orchards, pumpkin patches, and berry farms in search a fall harvest.

Needless to say, I was little a sad that I couldn't continue the tradition this year. That is, until Conservative Mom and Kid Sister invited me to tag along with them to Gail's Pumpkin Patch on Saturday.

It was the perfect day for pumpkin pickin', and I came home with a veritable harvest of goodies: Mini gourds to display on the kitchen table, three cute little pumpkins for the front step, a bunch of apples from a nearby orchard for making PIE, and some apple cider.

(Conservative Boy is quite sad he missed the outing, of course. OK. Not at all. He's just glad he was around for the apple pie.)

No comments: