5.28.2008

Letting Butter Talk (Part 3)

Remember me? My name is Butter. Julie asked me to talk to you today because she's been too busy to write on here lately. As if she had to remind me she's been too busy. I already knew that.

My friend Conservative Boy was gone all weekend so it was a Julie-Butter weekend. I thought it would be really fun, because she's usually a big softy. But she spent most of the weekend sitting there proofreading. Proofreading! Do you know how boring that is? It's really boring. Trust me.

It's a good thing I was there to keep an eye on things while she was working so much; otherwise, the whole house might've fallen down. Seriously. I really had to keep things in line. It was hard work. That's why I'm laying here right now. I'm not being lazy. That's just the best position from which to guard the door ... er ... dining room table.


Now, I can't complain too much, mind you. Julie did let me have a slumber party with my buddy Walker one night. That was pretty fun. And she took me for lots of walks and even a run too. But you know what, that running is hard work. So, of course, as soon as I let my guard down and tried to catch my breath ...

She went back to work. Lame. Isn't she supposed to be trying fun things? With me? Maybe someone should leave some comments here about what things she should try. If you're not sure, I could help you out. New bones, maybe. More time outside. Leaving more food on the plates that go into the dishwasher so I have more tasty nibbles to lick off. Those all sound like great things to try soon, right?

2 comments:

Laura said...

How about trying a new museum you've never been to... in Chicago?! I'm full of great ideas...

Julie said...

Ooh, great idea Laura. In fact, I MUST do it. This summer. I suppose I will have to find a weekend that coincides with a Cubs game, of course, if I'm going to drag Conservative Boy along. Then again, maybe I'll just ditch him!