5.19.2008

Dispatches from Montana

I spent the weekend in Montana, one of my (many) favorite places in the world. So, while I was there, I thought I'd take a few snapshots. Without further ado:


Driving across the range from Billings (where I flew into) to Lewistown (my mom's hometown)


A stop for coffee in Roundup. How can you not stop at a coffee hut that looks like this?

Once you arrive in Lewistown, you'll probably want to eat. (I know I always do.) That's why you stop here:


The Dash Inn. As you can see by the line, everyone stops here for lunch on Friday. Seriously, everyone. (Side note: The Dash Inn has been a hangout since my mom was in school. It's that cool.)


While you're at the Dash Inn, you'd be remiss not to try a wagon wheel. If you don't, you won't see another one for a whopping 26,000 miles. No joke.


If you order a wagon wheel, here's what you get. It's basically a burger stuck in a pocket o' grilled bread. Descriptive today, aren't I? This was my mom's wagon wheel. I opted for fried chicken, cole slaw, fries, and a mini sundae for $3.95 (or maybe $4.95–regardless, it was cheap).

At this point, I was full and happy. So I forgot to take pictures for the rest of the day. So you'll have to wait until later to see day two of my dispatches from Montana.

No comments: