6.08.2012

The Nursery

I realized the other day that although I gave you glimpses of the animals, the mobile, the handmade artwork, the growth chart, and a few other details of Collin's bedroom, I never actually showed you how the whole thing came together.


This is the reading, nursing, rocking corner. It's one of my favorite places to spend time with the little guy.

Here's the growth chart again, along with the adorable little lion chair Collin's Mimi and Papa gave him.


We kept a full-size bed in the room since we had the space. It's home to a menagerie of stuffed animals and a lovely handmade quilt from our across-the-street neighbor. It came in particularly handy early on, when Collin was sleeping in his bassinet and waking up so frequently I had the pleasure of sleeping in the nursery, too.


The changing table was a steal—$50 from a friend of a friend on Facebook, then I added new hardware. And the lamp on the table? It's a handy one that dims low enough to serve as Collin's night light, and best of all it actually came from Conservative Hubby's nursery when he was a baby!


Then of course there's the crib and the mobile, which Collin has only recently decided is fascinating to watch.

My Mom and I were talking the other day about how if we ever moved to a new house, we'd have to re-create this room (yellow paint and all) because it's such a happy, peaceful place to be.

No comments: