8.07.2008

Obedience Training

No, it's not for me! (Although Conservative Boy probably wishes I would take some lessons myself.) It's for Butter.

You see, as sweet as my pretty little (er ... not so little, at the rate he's going he may outweigh me) doggy is, he could use a few lessons. The goal? No jumping up on people, no mouthing, walk like a good dog. You know, the basics.

We had a consultation a couple of weeks ago and the first lesson last night. As Conservative Boy said after the trainer left: "Wow, he's like the Dog Whisperer." Maybe this fellow doesn't have quite the cult following of the real Dog Whisperer, but he is pretty good. And with his guidance Butter will be the angel I think he already is in no time.

On a side note: The thing about Butter that I learned during our consultation is he's a dominant personality. He thinks he's in charge—or at least should be. And he thinks everyone should pay attention to him when he wants attention. So, basically, he's Conservative Boy with four legs and a bit of a shedding problem. In case you were wondering.

Anyhow. Stay tuned for updates on how Butter and I master the exceptionally long leash we have to use to train him. I'm pretty sure I get tangled up in it more than him, but that's another story.

No comments: