10.26.2010

Living Loft-Style (Part III)

I'm baaaack with another episode of "look where My Parents live now!"

In today's version, I'm going to reveal a very important secret.

My Parents' temporary living space wasn't always a private residence. It used to be a bordello.

Yes, you read that right. It isn't a typo. A bordello.

Long before the Art & Wine Lovers came along and transformed this space into the loft it is now, it really was a "building where prostitutes are available," as Merriam-Webster so delicately puts it.


All the little rooms I'm about to show you (soon, I promise!) were the rooms occupied by the ladies.

Really, it's true.

But now, instead of whatever it is a Wyoming bordello might look like, we have arches and arches and more arches. And artwork and artwork and more artwork.

Perhaps hearkening back to the bordello days, however, there are a few scantily clad--or not at all clad--pieces of art.

I'm particularly fond of this lovely lady.


And this frolicking couple.


And then there's the mermaid table, with colorful fins and a tail that lights up. (My Sister wanted to take the mermaid table home to California, but, alas, it wouldn't fit in her carry-on bag.)


And so, with visions of bordellos and naked statues dancing in your head, I leave you for today. Just because I can.

P.S. My apologies to those of you who receive my blog posts by email at work. I'm sure your companies all love the above references to prostitutes and naked people. Fortunately, it's all in the name of history and art.

No comments: